Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I've fallen for the Hopscotch Hill girls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, they finally grew on me and I bought all 4 at the Madison sale. Not a huge savings, they were all $35 each, only Skylar was reduced to $25 on Sunday.

    I've given Diana the Gwen doll and Razzi the Rabbit so far. I must admit, I've gotten used to her little quirky face, Diana noticed that the eyes do not open and close, she said Gwen is going to get really tired!

    I love the way their little bodies bend a lot, but I just cant look at the joints, you can see the strings inside, it's just like looking at tendons or something!

    Anyway, I emailed customer service to ask about new dolls being issued for the two newer books, Lindy and Delaney, but no luck, here was their answer:

    "Thank you for your e-mail. At this time, we do not have any information
    regarding expanding the Hopscotch Hill School Collection. We apologize
    if this causes your daughter any disappointment."

    I also got the Castle Carrying case and the Activity board. I think those will be her start-to-school present for Kindergarten! The stories are really sweet, and I think that's what finally drew me to the dolls.

    Laurie

    ps...in other words, I CAVED! [img]redface.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I can see why you caved. I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I buy things for my girls early to save for birthdays and Christmas and I almost always give them something early. My little DD really wants Skylar and I have to keep reminding myself that we can't afford to buy EVERYTHING she wants!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow - Diana will be going to kindergarten soon! What a nice present for her. DD is a little too old for HH dolls, thank goodness. I don't need another obsession, LOL. They are cute, though!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My mother bought the rabbit with the Code. I think the rabbit is adorable but the dolls have yet to grow on me.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGOTemily's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2005
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had gotten my younger DD one of the HSH dolls (Skylar) for her birthday, and she got 2 other outfits and the dress-up set. She did not like the doll at all - especially the bending joints.

    I waited about a month to see if my DD would eventually bond with the doll, but she never did, so I ended up getting her Samantha at the MCM sale (and she loves Samantha!) Last week, I finally packed up Skylar and all the HSH stuff in their original boxes. They are sitting in our basement. I guess I'll hold on to them for now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •